asialaw produces comprehensive news, information and rankings analysis of the leading regional and domestic law firms in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Its directory, asialaw Profiles, provides up to date information and analysis of law firms in 25 jurisdictions, covering 28 sectors and practice areas.
- Its sister publication, asialaw Leading Lawyers, identifies the leading individuals in the region, providing an essential source of information for corporate executives, in-house counsel and anyone seeking legal advice and services.
asialaw Profiles is essential reading for corporate executives, in-house counsel and anyone with a professional interest in the legal services market in the Asia-Pacific region. A team of knowledgeable writers based in the region researches, writes and edits the guide to the leading regional and domestic law firms in the Asia-Pacific.
On this page you will find an overview of asialaw Profiles research and links to more information on this website. See our research timeline and deadlines for 2019 here.
Key facts about the directory are:
- Published in print and online in October each year, asialaw Profiles provides law firm recommendations and editorial analysis of 28 sectors and practice areas in 25 jurisdictions in the region – from Australia to Vietnam.
- asialaw Profiles 2020 will be the 24th annual edition of a publication which reports on the most important matters, transactions and disputes in the region and provides a succinct and authoritative guide to the leading law firms and some of their key individuals.
- As the only guide that focuses exclusively on regional and domestic law firms in the region, the publication provides unrivalled depth about its market.
- Our research process is extensive and widely respected. Short, targeted questionnaires allow firms to give us information about their work highlights.
- Analysing this information along with extensive interviews with practitioners and clients enables our research team to build up a clear picture of the market.
- From this research we produce ratings of recommended, highly recommended and outstanding firms and practice areas, complemented by our market leading editorial, which contains extensive analysis of the key players and deals, as well as quotes from leading clients.
Sectors, practice areas and jurisdictions
We research, analyse and rank firms across 28 sectors and practice areas
Sectors that we cover:
Aviation and shipping - Banking and financial services - Consumer goods and services - Energy - Industrials and manufacturing - Infrastructure - Insurance - Materials - Media and entertainment - Mining - Oil and gas - Pharmaceuticals and life sciences - Real estate - Technology and telecommunications
Practice areas that we cover:
Australia - Bangladesh - Brunei - Cambodia - China - Hong Kong - India - Indonesia - Japan - Kazakhstan - Laos - Macau - Malaysia - Maldives - Mongolia - Myanmar - New Zealand - Pakistan - Philippines -Singapore - South Korea - Sri Lanka - Taiwan - Thailand - Vietnam
asialaw Profiles and asialaw Leading Lawyers are based on extensive consultation with the market. Our research material, which our team of experienced writers based in the region collects, is from four main sources: questionnaires, partners, clients and independent research. See here for more detail.
Sector and practice area rankings and editorial
We produce tables ranking firms in Outstanding, Highly Recommended and Recommended tiers for the relevant sectors and practice areas. Our research analysts add editorial commentary on all of the firms ranked. The tables are a list of the best firms in each of the sectors and practice areas, according to our research. The ranked firms might also offer services in sectors and practice areas other than those they have been ranked in and the total number of firms listed will vary by jurisdiction.
asialaw Leading Lawyers
asialaw Leading Lawyers identifies outstanding private practice legal professionals – divided into Elite practitioners, distinguished practitioners and rising stars as well as senior statesman in the same 14 practice areas and 14 industry sectors across 25 jurisdictions listed above. We consult buyers of legal services, as well as lawyers in private practice who have deep knowledge of the markets. Please see here for more details about asialaw Leading Lawyers.
Links to more information
If you have further questions after reviewing the information on the pages below, then please contact us.
asialaw Profiles research guidelines and links
asialaw Profiles research methodology
asialaw Profiles research schedule & deadlines
asialaw Profiles research contacts
asialaw Profiles webinar & FAQs
asialaw Regional Awards
Using our content
By using this website you accept our terms and conditions. The contents, and arrangement thereof, on this website and print publication are protected by intellectual property and other related rights. You may quote from our editorial, but please attribute as follows: ‘asialaw Profiles [the year of publication]’. If you need our latest logos, then please ask our commercial director.
Everything included in the print edition of asialaw Profiles and on this website is based on information available when the research for the year was concluded. Any subsequent developments will be reflected in our next handbook or, where appropriate, in real time on this website.
asialaw does not endorse or approve any particular firm or practitioner listed and accepts no liability in connection with the use of any listed firm or practitioner. asialaw will not be liable for any damages or loss whatsoever, direct or indirect, arising from the use of or in connection with any content on this website or in the handbook.