Asialaw Profiles is essential reading for corporate executives, in-house counsel and anyone with a professional interest in the legal services market in the Asia-Pacific region. A team of knowledgeable writers based in the region researches, writes and edits the guide to the leading regional and domestic law firms in the Asia-Pacific.
On this page you will find an overview of Asialaw Profiles research and links to more information on this website. See our research timeline and deadlines for 2018 here.
Key facts about the directory are:
- Published in print and online in October each year, Asialaw Profiles provides law firm recommendations and editorial analysis of 18 practice areas in 24 jurisdictions in the region – from Australia to Vietnam.
- Asialaw Profiles 2018 will be the 22nd annual edition of a publication which reports on the most important matters, transactions and disputes in the region and provides a succinct and authoritative guide to the leading law firms and some of their key individuals.
- As the only guide that focuses exclusively on regional and domestic law firms in the region, the publication provides unrivalled depth about its market.
- Our research process is extensive and widely respected. Short, targeted questionnaires allow firms to give us information about their work highlights.
- Analysing this information along with extensive interviews with practitioners and clients enables our research team to build up a clear picture of the market.
- From this research we produce ratings of recommended, highly recommended and outstanding firms and practice areas, complemented by our market leading editorial, which contains extensive analysis of the key players and deals, as well as quotes from leading clients.
Practice areas and jurisdictions
We research, analyse and rate firms in these 18 practice areas:
Banking & Finance • Capital Markets • Competition & Antitrust • Construction & Real Estate • Corporate/M&A • Dispute Resolution & Litigation • Energy & Natural Resources • Financial Services Regulatory • Insurance • Intellectual Property • Investment Funds • IT, Telco & Media • Labour & Employment • Private Equity • Projects & Infrastructure • Restructuring & Insolvency • Shipping, Maritime & Aviation • Tax
Australia • Brunei • Cambodia • China • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Japan • Kazakhstan • Laos • Macau • Malaysia • Maldives • Mongolia • Myanmar • New Zealand • Pakistan • Philippines • Singapore • South Korea • Sri Lanka • Taiwan • Thailand • Vietnam
Asialaw Profiles and Asialaw Leading Lawyers are based on extensive consultation with the market. Our research material, which our team of experienced writers based in the region collects, is from four main sources: questionnaires, partners, clients and independent research. See here for more detail.
Practice area ratings and editorial
We produce tables rating firms in Outstanding, Highly Recommended and Recommended tiers for the relevant practice area. Our research analysts add editorial commentary on all of the firms rated. The tables are a list of the best firms in each of the practice areas, according to our research. The rated firms might also offer services in practice areas other than those they have been rated in and the total number of firms listed will vary by jurisdiction.
Asialaw Leading Lawyers identifies outstanding private practice legal professionals – divided into market-leading, leading and rising stars in the same 18 practice areas and 24 jurisdictions listed above. We consult buyers of legal services, as well as lawyers in private practice who have deep knowledge of the markets. Please see here for more details about Asialaw Leading Lawyers.
Links to more information
If you have further questions after reviewing the information on the pages below, then please contact us.
Asialaw Profiles research methodology
Asialaw Profiles research schedule & deadlines
Asialaw Profiles survey links & documents
Asialaw Profiles research contacts
Asialaw Profiles webinar & FAQs
Asialaw Leading Lawyers
Using our content
By using this website you accept our terms and conditions. The contents, and arrangement thereof, on this website and print publication are protected by intellectual property and other related rights. You may quote from our editorial, but please attribute as follows: ‘Asialaw Profiles [the year of publication]’. If you need our latest logos, then please ask our commercial director.
Everything included in the print edition of Asialaw Profiles and on this website is based on information available when the research for the year was concluded. Any subsequent developments will be reflected in our next handbook or, where appropriate, in real time on this website.
Asialaw does not endorse or approve any particular firm or practitioner listed and accepts no liability in connection with the use of any listed firm or practitioner. Asialaw will not be liable for any damages or loss whatsoever, direct or indirect, arising from the use of or in connection with any content on this website or in the handbook.