Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Summit 2015 - Overview
I AGENDA I
I KEY TAKEAWAYS I PHOTOS
September 24 2015 | The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
The Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Summit
returned to Hong Kong on September 24 and covered the latest regional challenges that are facing practitioners today. Working in a global business environment, counsel from corporates and banks are dealing with increasingly complex cross-border disputes. Regional counsel are confronted with disputes that can arise in challenging jurisdictions with uncertain legal systems and are expected to plan for potential disputes while balancing their organisations’ commercial interests.
Over 250 delegates confirmed their attendance to the event to discuss the above issues as well as network with the region’s legal practitioners and business people to deliver a top-level business symposium. The summit featured discussions and expert advice on key legal and business issues impacting foreign and domestic companies doing business in Asia.
Delegates were able to interact and hear from experts and peers to learn how best to navigate disputes in Asia.
Who was there:
- Litigation counsel
- Bankers counsel
- Corporate counsel
- Accredited arbitrators and mediators
Those who were in attendance:
- Heard tips on how best to manage cross-border disputes and the latest trends in arbitration, mediation and
- Learned how to enforce judgments in challenging jurisdictions
- Exchanged views on forum shopping throughout the region
- Learned what remedies are available for investment disputes
- Explored tactics in defending your organisations’ IP and crisis management