As part of the research process for asialaw Profiles we survey buyers of legal services for their feedback on:
- Assessment and Rating of law firms and lawyers’ quality of service and work
- Upcoming market trends
Here is a snapshot of the data for Myanmar:
We ask clients to rate law firms on the following (from 1 poor to 5 excellent)
- Costs transparency
- Extensive local/international network
- Industry sector knowledge
- Technical ability and innovation
- Use of technology
- Value for money
- Client relationship management
- Risk management
Best overall firm by aggregate score: Duane Morris & Selvam
Highest rated law firm attribute: Cost transparency, Risk Management
Lowest rated law firm attribute: Use of technology
We ask clients to rate lawyers based on the following attributes (from 1 poor to 5 excellent):
- Commercial understanding
- Country knowledge
- Industry sector knowledge
- Listening to and implementing feedback
- Meeting deadlines
- Responsiveness and accessibility
- Technical ability
Best lawyers based on aggregate score
- Rory Lang, Duane Morris & Selvam
- Pedro Jose F. Bernardo, Kelvin Chia Partnership
- Cheah Swee Gim, Kelvin Chia Partnership
Highest rated lawyer attribute: Commercial understanding
Lowest rated lawyer attribute: Technical ability
Topic that concerns clients most
Regulatory or governmental changes
How law firms can assist clients:
- Update clients at appropriate time with newsletters and client alerts.
- Stay up to date with changing regulation or laws.
- By providing updated government new rules and regulation.
Which practice area do they anticipate to give more work to external legal counsel in the next 12 months
Which practice area do they anticipate to give less work to legal counsel in the next 12 months
No clear trend
How can law firms improve their service to clients?
- Gain industry sector knowledge
- By improving project management / coordination aspect of the delivery teams
- By providing/informing the new laws, regulation issued by the government
- More partner support in key matters
- Add more service coverage
Delivering better service is an important part of upselling and cross-selling to existing clients and acquiring new ones. More sophisticated client relationship management can increase revenues per practice area or industry group and expand margins per partner.
Asialaw Data Intelligence Report contains a breakdown of client responses to asialaw Profiles surveys.
We can identify:
- How clients perceive your firm and lawyers
- Concerns that affect their role and how your firm can help them
- How your firm compares with its peers
- Market trends for the coming 12 months
The Data Intelligence Report will allow your firm to:
- Assess your firm at multiple levels (firm, practice area, lawyer).
- Identify issues clients have with your firm and implement solutions
- Develop new business development opportunities
- Prepare strategic or marketing plans based on client growth and needs.
An example can be found here
The information will provide you with an enhanced appreciation of who your client respondents are and how they view your firm and practitioners enables you to improve client service delivery.
It will help leverage your firm’s strength’s, address its weaknesses, solidify its client relationships and ultimately increase your firm’s revenues.
For more information contact: William.email@example.com