Asialaw Profiles is essential reading for corporate executives, in-house counsel and anyone with a professional interest in the legal services market in the Asia-Pacific region. The guide to the leading regional and domestic law firms in the Asia-Pacific is researched, written and edited by a team of knowledgeable writers based in the region. Please read this page carefully to understand how you can benefit from participating in Asialaw Profiles 2017.
Published in print and online in October each year, Asialaw Profiles provides law firm recommendations and editorial analysis of 18 practice areas in 24 jurisdictions in the region – from Australia to Vietnam.
Key facts about the directory are:
- Asialaw Profiles 2017 will be the 21st annual edition of a publication which reports on the most important transactions and disputes in the region and provides a succinct and authoritative guide to the leading law firms and some of their key individuals;
- As the only guide that focuses exclusively on regional and domestic law firms in the region, the publication provides unrivalled depth about its market.
- Our research process is extensive and widely respected. We send out short, targeted questionnaires that allow firms to give us information about their work highlights;
- Analysing this information along with extensive interviews with practitioners and clients enables our research team to build up a clear picture of the market; and
- From this research we produce our lists of recommended and outstanding firms and practice areas, complemented by our market leading editorial, which contains extensive analysis of the key players and deals, as well as quotes from leading clients.
We research and recommend firms in these practice areas:
Banking & Finance • Capital Markets • Competition & Antitrust • Construction & Real Estate • Corporate/M&A • Dispute Resolution & Litigation • Energy & Natural Resources • Financial Services Regulatory • Insurance • Intellectual Property • Investment Funds • IT, Telco & Media • Labour & Employment • Private Equity • Project Finance & Infrastructure • Restructuring & Insolvency • Shipping, Maritime & Aviation • Tax
Australia • Brunei • Cambodia • China • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Japan • Kazakhstan • Korea • Laos • Macau • Malaysia • Maldives • Mongolia • Myanmar • New Zealand • Pakistan • Philippines • Singapore • South Korea • Sri Lanka • Taiwan • Thailand • Vietnam
Asialaw Profiles is based on extensive consultation with the market. Our research material, which our team of experienced writers based in the region collects, comes from a number of sources.
The process starts with a request for submissions from law firms, summarising their main activities in the previous 12 months, and a list of client referees. This is followed by in-depth interviews with lawyers – conducted face-to-face and over the telephone – and their clients so we can present a balanced and detailed view of the market.
|Download the research questionnaire||Download the client referee spreadsheet|
We invite law firms to complete a set of questionnaires telling us about their activities over the previous year. We ask for descriptions of the firm’s most important matters in each practice area, as well as information about key contacts, personnel moves and client details.
Nobody knows the legal market as well as the people who are in it. For this reason, we interview a large number of the leading lawyers from a range of disciplines in each jurisdiction, both over the telephone and face-to-face. We ask them their opinions on our previous year’s recommendations, their competitors’ specific strengths, and their jurisdiction’s leading lawyers. We also discuss recent practice trends and their effect on their jurisdiction’s legal market.
Our contacts with in-house counsel and other buyers of legal services come in the form of in-depth telephone interviews and an online survey. We ask clients about their experiences with each firm they use, as well as their feedback on specific lawyers. The information given by clients is a key factor for us.
The research team also relies on other Legal Media Group publications, directories and events, as well as press releases to build up in-depth understanding of the legal environment within their assigned jurisdictions.
Our research schedule
March: Distribution of questionnaires to law firms
April: Deadline for questionnaires
April – June: Interviews (client and private practice)
July – August: Finalising content and conclusion of research
September 30: Publication of Asialaw Profiles
The results of this research, combined with our detailed knowledge of the legal market, ensures that Asialaw Profiles is an invaluable and easily accessible business tool for our readers – your clients – in their search for detailed information on the region’s law firms.
There is no charge for being part of the research process. We encourage all firms in the region to participate to ensure our editorial provides a full overview of the legal market in your jurisdiction*.
* Please note that submitting a questionnaire does not automatically guarantee that the firm will receive a recommendation or editorial coverage in Asialaw Profiles. This is an editorial decision based on the quality of the completed questionnaire, the type of work handled by the firm and market feedback conducted during our research process.