Current position: Senior Partner
Practice area/industry focus: Construction & Real Estate, Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Career highlights: Wang Jialu was admitted as a solicitor in China in 1988 and has more than 20 years’ experience in the field of real estate, construction, litigation and arbitration. Educated from numerous top law schools, Mr. Wang is highly talented and experienced in the legal practice and theory, enabling him to handle cases with exacting confidence and a high level of skill. He has represented both Chinese and foreign clients in over hundreds of complex and high-profile commercial arbitrations and litigation cases before domestic and overseas arbitral tribunals as well as PRC courts at various levels including the Supreme People’s Court, and several litigation cases were selected by the Supreme People's Court and Beijing High People's Court as a typical case. Mr. Wang is always capable of creating optimal solutions for clients and help clients to avoid risks from the perspective of litigator, which has won his praise from all clients.
Education and Working Experience
Graduated from Peking University Business School with an MBA degree, from Marburg University (Germany) School of Law with an LL.M degree and a Ph.D. in Civil and Commercial Law.
Mr. Wang can skillfully use German, English and Chinese as working languages, and has gained good reputation in the international market.
Mr. Wang is a managing partner at Commerce & Finance Law Offices, and he joined the firm in April 2006 from Zhonglun Law Firm where he served as a partner from September 1996 to March 2006.
Mr. Wang is an arbitrator with China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Beijing Arbitration Committee (BAC), and Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei (CAA). He’s also a non-standing member of the first Administrative Appeal Committee of the Beijing People’s Government, an adjunct professor at Peking University Law School and China University of Political Science and Law.
- Led Dispute Resolution team of Commerce & Finance Law Offices to win “Litigation Law Firm of the Year" on ALB CHINA LAW AWARDS 2020.
- Awarded “Eminent Practitioners” on Dispute Resolution: Arbitration area by Chambers and Partners in 2020 Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide.
- Awarded “Eminent Practitioners” on Dispute Resolution: Arbitration area by Chambers and Partners in 2019 Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide.
- Awarded “Eminent Practitioners” on Dispute Resolution: Arbitration area by Chambers and Partners in 2018 Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide.
- Awarded “Beijing outstanding lawyer” by Beijing Lawyers Association in 2005.
Asialaw Distinguished Practitioner 2021 in Dispute Resolution