B-41, Nizamuddin East,
New Delhi 110013, India
Tel: +91 120 4059300
Fax: +91 120 4243056 – 058
Current position: Senior partner and head of department - patents and designs
Career highlights: The force behind germination and growth of Patent Jurisprudence in India from a state of near dormancy, Archana Shanker is a senior partner at Anand and Anand leading its patent and design practice.
Behind her is dedicated practice of 29 years in prosecution, litigation and opposition across industries from pharmaceuticals to life sciences, software, ICT, telecom, mechanics, electronics and biodiversity. Drawing on her experience, Ms Shanker has penned the Halsbury's Laws of India chapter on patent besides contributing to several international publications.
Ms Shanker is a part of the advisory board for IAM’s first ever Women in Patents event; first woman president of FICPI- India Section; VP, North India for Licensing Executives Society International besides a member of various international bodies like APAA and the AIPPI.
Awards and recognitions:
- Women in Business Law (patents) -2016-2020 (Expert Guides)
- Asia Women in Business Law Award for 2019 - Euromoney Legal Media Group
- Recommended Individual 2020 (IAM Strategy 300)
- Top 250 Women IP Professionals, 2016 – 2020 (MIP)
- MIP IP Star (patents), 2015 – 2020
- Spotlight for Life Sciences, India -2016 – 2020(Chambers and Partners – Asia Pacific)
- Recognized for patents and Life Sciences – 2015 – 2020 (WWL)
- Recommended Individual (prosecution)- 2015 – 2020 (IAM Patent 1000)
- Recognized for patents, 2015, 2016, 2017 (Asia IP Experts)
- Top 100 Powerful Women in Law, 2018(World IP Forum)
- Legal Era 6th International IP Conclave and Awards 2019-Women
Asialaw Elite Practitioner 2021 in Intellectual Property