Tel: +632 8403-2001
Fax: +632 8403-2001
Contact: Benedicta Du-Baladad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Number of partners: 4
Number of lawyers: 16
Languages: Filipino, English
Practice Areas: Taxation and Corporate Services including Tax Controversies and Tax Claims, Tax Litigation, Tax Advisory and Tax Planning, Incentives, Transfer Pricing, International Tax, Tax Due Diligence and Regulatory Compliance, Global Expatriate Services, Customs, and Training and Advocacy.
2019 was a milestone year for our firm DU-BALADAD AND ASSOCIATES (BDB Law). We marked a decade of professional services, all the more made meaningful to our team because, in a short span of only 10 years, we have proven our expertise in taxation as a core line of our practice.
Today, we stand on that solid foundation as a highly reputable firm, whose advise on important and high-level tax matters are sought-after, by both the business sector and the Government.
BDB Law is recognized:
- As a Policy Shaper. BDB Law was engaged by the Government as its partner in the ongoing comprehensive tax reform program and in shaping tax policies in the country. The Firm’s positions on important tax bills, laws and regulations are being sought and given recognition as expert opinions by the legislature.
- As a Thought Leader. We count among our clientele several industry associations, such as the associations of life insurance companies, non-life insurance and re-insurance companies, the petroleum industry, the association of the certified financial analysts of the Philippines, the Bankers Association of the Philippines, the financial and money markets associations, among others, who rely on our Firm’s advices on tax matters affecting their industries.
- As a Team of Professional and Competent Tax Experts. Our team of highly experienced tax lawyers, each one with significant background in tax, accounting or economics, are trusted to deliver a holistic, professional and personal service, enhanced by a “total client care” approach. Collectively and singly, they are responsible for producing high-quality, customized and practical solutions that are the hallmarks of BDB Law’s brand of service.
- As a Provider of Comprehensive Line of Tax Services. Our Firm provides a complete suite of tax services - international tax advisory, tax planning, tax compliance, tax litigation and defense, transfer pricing among others – all working for the benefit of our clients composed of multinationals, local conglomerates and large corporations.
- As a Member of Prestigious International Network of Tax Experts. We are a member of WTS Global, a tax network with representation in over 100 countries. WTS Global has grown to a leadership position as a global tax practice offering the full range of tax services and aspires to become the preeminent non-audit tax practice worldwide.
- As a Recognized Award-winning Firm. BDB Law is consistently ranked as a leading ang highly recommended firm in the field of taxation by international ranking bodies such as the International Tax Review (ITR), the Chambers and Partners and the Asialaw profiles. In 2019, Asialaw Profiles elevated the ranking of BDB Law as an Outstanding Tax Firm - the highest award given to a Firm in this category.
This recognition extends to the Firm’s partners. BDB Law’s founding partner, Benedicta Du-Baladad, is a multi-awarded tax lawyer given the highest recognition as an elite, outstanding, or highly regarded individual in the field of taxation by ITR, Chambers and Partners and Asialaw Profiles. Its managing partner Fulvio Dawilan, and its senior partner Irwin Nidea, are also recognized as highly regarded tax practitioners by the same bodies.
- As a Social Responsibility Advocate. The Firm recognizes that success comes with responsibilities that extend beyond the walls of our offices. Thus, it established its BDB Law Foundation as its arm in fulfilling its corporate social responsibilities. Since its inception in 2015, we had already undertaken noteworthy projects and we look forward to doing more as our way of being a part of the aspiration that every Filipino will be given a chance to live a decent and respectable life with his/her family.
BDB Law looks forward to another strong decade of excellence that will be best measured in terms of its continued and sustainable growth. This growth will be enhanced by our deeper engagement in socially responsible initiatives that contributes to real and inclusive development.
Holistic. Professional. Personal.
Du-Baladad and Associates
Tax boutique law firm Du-Baladad & Associates is constantly ranked highly in Tax. Banking and financial services, energy, construction and real estate are the firm’s industry strengths. Founding partner Benedicta Du-Baladad leads the team.
Provided tax advisory and consultancy to Philippine Life Insurance Association.
Advised Semirara Mining and Power Corporation on the tax implications on coal exports under the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Act.
|Baniqued & Bello|
|Du-Baladad and Associates (BDB Law)|
|SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan|
|Zambrano Gruba Caganda & Advincula|
|Romulo Mabanta Buenaventura Sayoc & de los Angeles|
|Salvador Llanillo & Bernardo|
|Gatmaytan Yap Patacsil Gutierrez & Protacio (C&G Law)|
|Quiason Makalintal Barot Torres Ibarra Sison & Damaso|
|Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra|
|Mata-Perez Tamayo & Francisco|
|Picazo Buyco Tan Fider & Santos|
|Platon Martinez Flores San Pedro Leaño|