SSEK Legal Consultants promotes Dewi Reni
SSEK Legal Consultants in Indonesia has promoted Dewi Reni as a partner. Reni focuses on debt restructuring and insolvency, dispute resolution, foreign capital investment and M&A. She also has strong expertise in the oil and gas sector.
Makarim & Taira S adds new partner
Makarim & Taira S has appointed Yohanes Masengi as a partner in its corporate and commercial group in Indonesia. Masengi has extensive experience in investment, joint ventures, M&A, infrastructure, employment, corporate restructuring, power projects and ports.
ATMD Bird & Bird appoints Anan Sivanathan as IP partner
ATMD Bird & Bird in Singapore has appointed Anan Sivanathan as a partner in its IP group. Before the move, Sivanathan was the associate vice president and head of the global legal team at Creative Technology. Before joining Creative, he was a partner at Drew & Napier. Sivanathan is experienced in trade mark and patent litigation and anti-counterfeiting work.
Bell Gully makes seven senior appointments
Bell Gully in New Zealand has promoted five partners and two senior counsel:
- Karl Anderson, partner, focuses on commercial property transactions
- Tim Fitzgerald, partner, specialises in commercial litigation with particular expertise in insolvency, regulatory, banking, company law and insurance disputes.
- Tania Goatley, partner, focuses on commercial litigation and has expertise in the media, advertising, food and IP industries.
- Chris Goddard, partner, is a specialist in corporate finance transactions.
- Graham Murray, partner, has tax expertise across a range of industries and transactions.
- Sarah McQueen, senior counsel, advises on managed funds, and insurance regulation and policy reviews.
- Sally Whincop, senior counsel, focuses on commercial property transactions, particularly in development and commercial leasing.
Sparke Helmore promotes Brendan Charles in workplace team
Brendan Charles has been promoted to partner in Sparke Helmore’s workplace practice in Melbourne. An experienced litigator, he has acted for employers in state and federal jurisdictions and has a strong background in employee relations in the education, retail, financial services and insurance sectors.