Below you will find our selection of the most significant legal deals and cases from across the Asia-Pacific region during October 2019.
- In China Baidu undertook a $1 billion sale of shares in Ctrip (Commerce & Finance Law Offices, Jingtian & Gongcheng)
- In Hong Kong Topsports International Holdings undertook an IPO (Haiwen & Partners, JunHe Law Firm) as did Ascentage Pharma
- In India Total Holdings acquired a 37.4% stake in Adani Gas for $864 million (AZB & Partners, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas)
- In Singapore Ascott Residence Trust and Ascendas Hospitality Trust undertook a merger (Allen & Gledhill)
- In South Korea the Government of the Republic of Korea defended an arbitration claim brought under the Korea-US free trade agreement (Yoon & Yang)
- In Thailand Asset World Public Company undertook an IPO on the SET (Weerawong Chinnavat & Partners), while work was also begun on the Thailand 3 airport linked high-speed rail PPP