Below you will find our selection of the most significant legal deals from across the Asia-Pacific region during July 2019.
- In India we saw three substantial M&A deals including IndInfravit Trust's acquisition of Sadhbhav Infrastructure Projects' road portfolio (J Sagar Associates); CLP India's acquisition of stakes in Kalpataru Power Transmission's power transmission assets (Khaitan & Co) and Bharat Financial Inclusion's merger with IndusInd Bank (AZB & Partners).
- In Japan Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group undertook a substantial $4.5 billion registered notes issue (Davis Polk & Wardwell), while Applied Materials acquired Kokusai Electric Corporation for $2 billion (Nishimura & Asahi).
- In New Zealand there was activity in the telecoms field when Infratil and Brookfield Asset Management acquired Vodafone New Zealand for NZ$3.4 billion (Bell Gully).
- In Pakistan there was a high profile mining dispute between Tethyan Copper Company and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (Debevoise & Plimpton)
- In Singapore we saw PanAsia Health acquire Health Management International for S$611 million (Allen & Gledhill) and SMC Global Power Holdings issue $300 million in senior perpetual securities issue (Milbank).
- In Thailand FWD Group acquired SCB Life Assurance for $3 billion (Slaughter and May)
You can see the month's trends in summary here by viewing our DATA CHARTS.