Asialaw is delighted to be a media partner for IBA’s conference “Mediation: Arbitration: Best friends or best enemies? A view from Asia” taking place on December 1 and 2 in Hong Kong.
Presented by the IBA Arbitration Committee and Mediation Committee and supported by the IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum, the conference brings together private practitioners, in-house counsel, mediators and arbitrators to share insights about the latest trends in alternative dispute resolution.
Topics will include:
- Drafting/negotiating/enforcing ADR clauses and the role of counsel
- Mediator v arbitrator: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
- Articulating mediation and arbitration proceedings: mission impossible or a piece of cake?
- Enforcing a settlement reached through mediation or enforcing an award: a race for efficiency?
Speakers will include:
- Wesley Wong SC, Solicitor General, Department of Justice, Hong Kong SAR
- Jianlong Yu, Vice Chairman and Secretary General, CIETAC, Beijing
- Sarah Grimmer, Secretary General, Hong Kong International Arbitration Center, Hong Kong SAR
- Yoshimi Ohara, Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, Tokyo; Co-chair, IBA Asia Pacific Arbitration Group
- Natalie Morris Sharma, Legal Advisor, Permanent Mission of Singapore to the UN
For more information, visit: http://www.ibanet.org/Conferences/conf747.aspx