Below you will find our selection of the most significant legal deals from across the Asia-Pacific region during November 2019.
- In Hong Kong, we saw three substantial M&A and IPO deals including Alibaba's $11.3 billion secondary listing in Hong Kong (Fangda Partners, King & Wood Mallesons); New Hope's RMB710 million acquisition of China Modern Dairy Holdings (King & Wood Mallesons); and ESR Cayman's $1.6 billion HK IPO (Commerce & Finance Law Offices, Global Law Office).
- In China, Yangtze Power Company acquired Sempra Energy's Peruvian businesses for $3.59 billion (Tian Yuan Law Firm).
- In India, Bajaj Finance launched 1.2 billion QIP offering (Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, Duane Morris & Selvam, Khaitan & Co).
- In Australia, Sandfire acquired MOD, valued at $167 million (Gilbert + Tobin); and SPI Group's winning of victorious long-running Russian vodka trademark case against the government of the Russian Federation (King & Wood Mallesons).
- In Thailand, we saw Asset World Corporation (AWC)'s $1.6 billion listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (Weerawong, Chinnavat & Partners).