Vaishali Mittal is an experienced IP lawyer at Anand and Anand. She leverages her experience of 20 years as an IP practitioner to deliver landmark results from courts in India for clients in complex SEP matters and trademark entanglements.
She has played an important lead in cases that have engendered India’s first Anti-Anti-Suit Injunction; India’s first final judgment on the issue of Standard Essential Patents; Landmark judgment on highest ever quantum of damages in a copyright, trademark, and design infringement; First judgement recognising a colour combination (green and yellow) a well-known trademark.
More recently, she was the lead counsel in the high-stake face-off between Nokia and Lenovo resulting in a multi-year, multi technology Patent cross-license Agreement between the two tech giants, and settlement of all pending patent litigation worldwide.
She also pens nuanced features on burning issues in IP jurisprudence and is published in reputed publications like Managing IP, Kluwer Patent Blog, Asia IP, Vantage Asia, Chambers and Partners, Expert Guides, Thomson Reuters etc.
RECENT PROFESSIONAL HONOURS
Recognitions at firm level:
- InterDigital vs Xiaomi – IBLJ Deal of the Year 2020
- Nokia and Lenovo Multi-year, Multi-technology Patent Cross-license Agreement - IBLJ Deal of the Year 2021
- IAM Strategy 300 World’s Leading IP Strategist
- Leaders’ League Leading Individual for Patent Litigation
- Leaders’ League Leading Individual for Trademark Litigation
- Leading Individual – Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings
- IBLJ A list lawyer 2021-22
- AsiaIP IP Expert
- Ranked amongst Asia’s Top 15 Female 2022 Lawyers by Asian Legal Business
- IP Stars 2022 – Patent Star by Managing Intellectual Property
- IAM Strategy 300 Global Leaders 2022
- World’s Leading Patent Professionals IAM 1000 2022
- Ranked in IP Litigation department of Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific Guide 2022
- Ranked amongst Top IP Litigators in India 2021 by Thomson Reuters Asian Legal Business
- Amongst Top 10 Women in IP – ASSOCHAM IP Excellence Awards 2021
- WIPR Diversity Women in IP 2021
- Amongst ‘Top Individual Lawyers’ for ‘IP’ and ‘Pharma & Life Sciences’ -Forbes Legal Powerlist 2020
- ‘Leading Individual’ – Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings. Recognised as “leading name in patented technology litigation, specifically regarding SEPs in the telecoms sector.”
- World’s Leading Strategists – IAM 300 Global Leaders
- World’s Leading Patent Professionals IAM 1000 & IAM 300 (2021)