Global Vietnam Lawyers is a gathering of dedicated and experienced lawyers poised to become a global-standard Vietnamese business law firm. With its wide range of practices and expertise Global Vietnam Lawyers is the premium choice for providing assistance to domestic and foreign businesses in addressing whatever transactional or dispute issues they may have. Global Vietnam Lawyers has been consistently ranked as a top-tier law firm by reputable legal publications including AsiaLaw, Asian Legal Business (ALB), Asia Business Law Journal, Benchmark Litigation, Chambers & Partners, Global Law Experts, IFLR 1000, In-House Community (IHC) and Legal 500.
Awards and Recognition:
- AsiaLaw: Leading Law Firms in the Years of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024.
- Asian Legal Business: Vietnam Law Firm of the Year 2022 & Rising Law Firm of the Year 2022.
- Asian Legal Business: ALB Asia M&A Rankings 2022 & 2023.
- Asian Legal Business: Fast 30 - ALB Asia Fastest Growing Firms 2023.
- APAC Insider: Best Business Law Consultancy of the Year 2021 and Best Corporate Law Firm 2022.
- Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific: Notable Law firm of the Year 2020, 2022, 2023.
- Chambers and Partners: Leading Firms of the Year 2023.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific Legal Guide 2024 for practice of Corporate/M&A and Employment.
- Chambers Global Guide 2024 for practice of Corporate/M&A.
- Global Law Experts Annual Awards: Corporate Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam & Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam – 2022.
- IFLR1000: Recognised Firm 2023 - Project Development
- In-House Community (IHC): Winners, Honourable and Most Responsive Domestic Law Firm of the Year 2021.
- In-House Community (IHC): Winner - A Litigation and Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year, 2022; and Honourable mentions for (A) An Anti-trust /Competition Law Firm of the Year, 2022 – Vietnam, and A Restructuring & Insolvency Law Firm of the Year, 2022 – Vietnam.
- Advised Fourth & Partners in a number of M&A deals involving roof-top solar projects in Vietnam. Fourth & Partner is India’s leading Renewable Energy Solutions Company, catering to Commercial & Industrial businesses.
- Advised a leading Malaysian real estate developer – SkyWorld on its first properties acquisition in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The investment and implementation of the project is in line with SkyWorld Development’s plans to expand its operations, bringing its urban real estate development business model to Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam in general.
- Advised Keppel Corporation and Keppel Vietnam Fund on its acquisition of a 49% stake in two residential projects of Khang Dien Group. We advised Keppel Corporation (SGX:BN4) and Kepple Vietnam Fund (KVF) in a deal of taking 49% stake in two adjacent residential projects in Ho Chi Minh City of a local real estate developer Khang Dien Group (HoSE: KDH) for an aggregate consideration of 3,180 billion Vietnam (US$138 million).
- Advised a leading real estate management developer on its acquisition of a commercial podium in An Phu, Thu Duc CBD, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This complex deal involved various professional parties, the banks and project financing arrangement with value up to US$50 million.
- Advised Lestar Group in various legal due diligence transactions in Vietnam. The due diligence performed by GV Lawyers specifically addressed corporate rights, including historical transfers, main business contracts, leases, employment arrangements, etc.
- Advised East Ventures Capital in a legal due diligence and M&A transaction in relation to Medigo Vietnam. Medigo is the first company in Vietnam to develop a service to order drugs immediately with a pharmacist consultation. With a pharmaceutical retail market size of about $1.6 billion (BMI figures), this is an extremely attractive opportunity for Medigo and its pharmacy partners. Vietnam-based Medigo raises US$ 2m funding from East Ventures
- Acted as the Vietnam legal advisor for the developer of Fusion Maia Quy Nhon Resort in developing the kit of contracts of sale and rental pool arrangement for this beach-front villas resort.
- Acted as Vietnam legal advisor for the Respondent in an administrative lawsuit on copyright infringement between a subsidiary of a world-class leader US-based in the design and manufacturing of custom blow molds for the plastics industry and a computer software company specializing in the production of product lifecycle management solution. GV Lawyers assisted the Respondent in (i) providing legal advice, (ii) joining the US Legal Team in working out defenses and verifying evidence, (iii) Representing in the mediation at Court.
- Acted as the legal advisor providing legal advice, reviewing/drafting contracts for product sales of a beach-front resort villa complex and condotel project of Ana Mandara in Cam Ranh, Khanh Hoa, with a total area of approximately 29 hectares.
- Advised DL Investment on purchasing stocks of a beach resort at Phu Quoc town. GV Lawyers acted as sole legal advisor for the buyer to buy out stake 45% shares in the target company to implement and develop the investment project of tropical resort on the sea.
- Acted as the sole Vietnamese legal advisor for the successful IPO and Listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of GHW International (Stock Code 9933.HK), an applied chemical intermediates provider in the integrated services market with an established reputation, and a long operating history of over 20 years in the industry.
- Acted as legal advisors for a seller which is shareholder of TTC Green Energy Investment Joint Stock Company (“TTC Energy”), the investor of TTCIZ No. 01 solar power plant located at An Hoi hamlet, An Hoa ward, Trang Bang district, Tay Ninh province, with the capacity of 48 MW, in its transfer of 49% of shares in TTC Energy with a purchaser is Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited (Thailand).
- Acted as legal advisors for sellers that are shareholders of Mekong Wind Power Joint Stock Company (“Mekong”), the investor of (1) Binh Dai Wind Power Plant with design capacity of 30MW and a projection of capacity development up to 280MW by 2020, and (2) Ben Tre Solar Power Plant with the capacity of 30MW which are located in Ben Tre Province, in their transfer transaction of 49% of shares in Mekong with a purchaser is Grimm Power Public Company Limited (Thailand).
Acted as sole legal advisor for the seller is National Housing Organisation JSC (N.H.O JSC) in an M&A real estate located at Phu Do Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi. In this M&A deal, we played quintessential role in efficiently assisting the seller in setting up the deal structure, deal financial matters and drafting – negotiating for sale and purchase shares agreement and the relevant transactional documents.
Acted as sole Vietnam legal advisor for the seller in a sale of its full stake for an undisclosed sum in a Singaporean architectural structure design company, the buyer is Tokyu Construction Corporation (TYO 1720:JP) and this is the first overseas takeover deal of Tokyu.